Every year we send out a parental questionnaire to seek some feedback from our parents and guardians. We are always happy to receive any feedback and you do not need to wait until this questionnaire is sent to you. Parents are also invited to student review meetings three times a year and some students will have more reviews where necessary. If you would like to contact the school to discuss anything please contact the provision lead in the first instance, or email email@example.com. Please take a few moments to read some positive feedback from parents, students and professionals below.
- February 2020 – Thank you for being the most welcoming, friendly and caring team. I have nothing but great things to say about you all. You are fantastic with the students and I feel very lucky to have played a small part in what you do here. (counsellor)
- December 2019 – X came back to visit us 2 years on from being a student at PLC. She left us this message to share with other students : I started Pathways in September 2014. To begin with, I was unable to get out of the car, and 3 years on, I walked out with a smile on my face after passing 4 GCSEs! Being at school were the hardest years of my life, but looking back they’ve shaped my future in a way I could never have done alone. As of today, I’m driving, have a job in catering and am able to live life the way I want to. If I can do it, anyone can! (Student)
- December 2019 – As a parent, the worst conversation I ever had was the one with X’s mainstream headteacher saying that Sophie was being referred to an alternative school. This conversation turned out to be the best option for us. Over three years at Pathways, X gained confidence, grew as a person and learned how to deal with her emotions. Family life got easier as we all began to understand. Now at 19, X has so much more confidence and lives life as a teenager should. Of course there are still ups and downs but they are much easier to deal with. (Parent)
- September 2019 – X and I would like to express our heartfelt thanks for all the support she has had during her time at Pathways. When she announced her dream of getting to Bristol Grammar 6th form, we knew what a challenge that we be. With the help and patience from her teachers the goal was achieved. We can’t thank you all enough! (Parent and student)
- July 19 – I want to say I appreciate all of you at PLC and the hard work, effort and time spent nurturing my baby boy, you really are an outstanding staff, in a great school and I am more than grateful and thankful to you all, please pass on the fact that I have never taken it for granted that he was given the opportunity to become who he is right now, a more grounded, happy & funny boy who is starting to open up and express himself so much more with the guidance and support he’s received. Everyday his confidence is growing and he is asking so many questions about things around him and remembering what he’s done at school and enjoying telling me what he’s learnt and he’s so proud. I absolutely love seeing these positive changes that have taken place and long may they continue. Thank everyone on my behalf. (Parent)
- July 19 – Thank you all so much for the wonderful support you have given X. With all of your help and encouragement, we have seen such a positive change in her. We are so glad that she spent Year 11 with you as she has blossomed. She has more confidence and self belief and we can see a far more positive future! She made some lovely friends and has taken away some wonderful memories. Thank you all again, we are so grateful. (Parents)
- July 19 – To all the Pathways staff who have worked with X over the years. We wanted to thank each of you who have played a part in X’s journey. You have all been an instrumental part of her life through the many challenges she faced and you’ve all helped her achieve so much. (Parents)
- July 19 – We wanted to thank you so much for everything you have done to help us and support X over all these years. It’s been a roller coaster journey and pathways has been a lifeline for her and for us. We will be forever grateful for everything you’ve done to help and support. The additional years have particularly made a huge difference to X. She has overcome so much and while she has more challenges ahead of her, she is now in a much better place to face them. Thank you. (Parents)
- July 19 – To all the team at Pathways. X and I have really appreciated all your help, support and encouragement this year. Enjoy your summer. (Parent)
- July 19 – Thank you so much for your unconditional emotional support throughout the period of my exams. I’m really going to miss your wonderful, peaceful presence and radiating sense of liberty. Again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. (Student)
- July 19 – Thank you so much for the endless amount of support, acceptance and encouragement these past two years. Without it, I really don’t know where I’d be. Your wise words and strange Japanese cleansing techniques have had a huge impact! Thank you x 1000 for everything you have done for me. (Student)
- June 19 – To all the staff at PLC. Words do not even begin to describe how grateful I am. Although I may not have expressed while at the PRU I can honestly say that I wouldn’t be the person I am now without each and every one of you. Thank you. (X student)
- June 2019 – I just wanted to write to highlight some excellent practice by A and B from Pathways. A young person I supervise was arrested in the early hours of Friday 7th June, the morning he was due to sit a GCSE Exam. Unfortunately the Police were unable to facilitate his temporary release to allow him to sit the exam at Pathways. However, A and B managed to facilitate the young person sitting the exam in the police station, meaning the young person was able to complete his exam and hopefully secure a qualification. In my opinion A and B went above and beyond expectations and had an enormous impact on this young person’s future as well as his trust in professionals. I think this is an example of excellent practice which I wanted to share with yourselves (External agency).
- May 2019 – I just wanted to say what a great term this has been for X. He’s said today he loved his lesson with A and even likes English a bit more. A and B are amazing and I honestly think X would do maths every day ! I know he’s only doing a few lessons but he’s really engaging and the 1-1 suites him very well. Also C (online lessons) is also brilliant. We just wanted to tell you how you and your staff are awesome! (Parents)
- May 2019 – I am just writing to say how much I would like to thank you for all your help over the last couple of years. I know they haven’t been the easiest for both your team and me but just to say that I appreciated it very much. Last November, X CAMHS nurse had left and X was passed over to another member of the team who we hadn’t heard from. X had not received any support from them for a few months since and this was showing massively in her mental health. Your phone calls to CAMHS with your concerns together with your Senco really backed me up and they soon realised how X had deteriorated. CAMHS now visit the home every week and are continuing to help her. So thanks very much. Also I really appreciate all the help you have passed my way as in the referral to Southern brooks, B is amazing and is helping the family so much. My eldest daughter calls her Mary Poppins :-)) Please could you also pass on my gratitude to all the teachers who continued to visit X and support her. Many thanks (Parent).
- May 2019 – I just wanted to say a massive thank you to you and A for your approach towards X yesterday as it made such a huge difference.
He came home saying he felt safe with you and enjoyed the time he spent with you. This is huge for X as he has struggled for so long. He is looking forward to coming in to see you later (Parent).
- November 18 – To all staff of Pathways Learning Centre, my name is XX, I left the PRU 3 years ago. I’m emailing to thank all of you. I left college with 2 A*’s and an A, along with a scholarship at the University of Gloucestershire. I’m studying my BEd (Hons) Primary Education with a specialism in SEND at uni and I have all of the staff to thank for this.If you remember me then you’ll remember the support I needed when I first arrived at the PRU in 2014. The staff genuinely cared about me and helped me to recognise my potential and have influenced my career choice greatly. I turn 19 this week and I can honestly say I wouldn’t be where I am today without the PRU and the amazing work that goes on within. I hope one day to work in a PRU myself. I can’t begin to express my gratitude towards each and every member of staff. Eternally grateful. (Student).
- September 18 – I’d like to thank all the staff at Pathways Learning Centre for all their support, and encouraging X during his time at school. I couldn’t have asked for more. Pathways Learning Centre has been a positive outstanding provision for X who couldn’t attend main stream school. Pathways has enabled him to develop and helped with his emotions. Pathways are outstanding on picking out and adapting to individual needs to help them through their time with them. Throughout X’s time at Pathways I have watched him grow and change in the most positive of ways. He has developed social skills and most importantly, now has a more positive mind-set and believes he has a future. As a mother you could not have given me a greater gift than my son hoping for something better and wanting to live! You have demonstrated by word and action your key values of; Relationships, Respect, Empathy and Perseverance. These have truly made a difference not only in my son’s life but mine as well. You have my most sincere gratitude (Parent).
- September 18 – When we all arrived with X he was a broken boy. As a parent I couldn’t see him ever being happy again. I think X too wondered how he would ever be happy or fit in to life. But through the weeks and months of gentle coaxing, discovery & counsel from the amazing team at Pathways he has come on in leaps and bounds. I have been so impressed with your warmth, humour and ability to work with X whilst maintaining that he must aim to hit educational targets. I can now see a positive future for X and this is undoubtedly down to the great work you have all done. I can never thank you all enough. Without his time with you and Pathways this would have been so much harder (Parent).
- September 2018 – Just a quick note to thank you and your team for helping X achieve the results for his GCSEs. I know x made the effort but with your help through this traumatic period of his short life I think he should be given 5*****(Grandparent).
- June 18 – I have just reviewed X after many many months. He is transformed. The support of his teachers and staff at PLC has been a major positive factor in this and I would be very grateful if you would pass on my compliments and his thanks. We are now in the position to gradually reduce and get him off his medication. Some key notes relating to this that I made in my consultation today were:
He sees himself as.. Much better than last year….Less stress, less anger and less worry.. Much, much better for around 2-3 months…I am not worrying about what people think. (This is a huge turn-around). X can even manage other’s watching him and watching him fail on his skateboard (A previous flash point). X went to Torquay skateboarding with 3-4 mates.. really awesome venue.. loved it. A big boost – coping with this..
Mum says: He’ll even stay on his own in the house.. Parents had a night away with X at home with the dog on his own recently! (Astounding!)
Pathways have been a big big help.. teachers are so understanding.. they are there for you.. help you get the work done.. you can talk to them.. They always know what is going on as they hear when X is upset or worried when he comes into school.
BTW – it has had nothing to do with psychiatry input other than sticking with him and his family and keeping him hoping for improvement. Perhaps we were helpful in getting him to accept the need for Pathways – but that is where the real magic happened – and with X growing up and finding the internal resources to regulate his emotions better (Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist).
- June 18 – Thank you for all the support and good times. Even though I moaned everyday about PLC I’ll always remember you guys and the good times and how there was always a cuppa waiting for me and even when I was a pain there was always a smile for me! Thank you so much! (Student)
- June 18 – Thank you for all your help and support with X. The change in X since she started at Pathways in September 2016 is massive. This is all down to you and the amazing team at Pathways. The support Pathways offers to all children and parents is excellent. Massive thank you! (Parents)
- May 18 – This morning X sat her final exam. I wanted to thank you and her other tutors for providing her with an education, allowing her the chance to gain some qualifications and put her on the road to college. There were times in the early days where I genuinely didn’t think I could keep going with her.
I remember the x days, trying to get her to go in and the endless meetings and basically getting nowhere. They were some of the lowest times x and I have both had. Two years on and I feel we are finally coming out of it all. You have been a big and important part of her journey, and mine! Thank you for your support and for providing x with an education and resilience. I am more grateful than you will ever know. Thank you all. (Parent)
- January 18 – X has only been with you for a short time but I wanted to thank you all for making her time with you so happy and positive. When X had to leave her previous school it was a stressful time for us both, I was anxious about her starting at Pathways but I didn’t need to worry as you all made the whole process from start to finish straight forward and worry free. X will be sad to leave you all, but is happy about starting her new school. (Parent)
- Oct 17 – X is doing really well! She’s been in every day apart from the first two days. I honestly am so surprised and quite overwhelmed by how she’s coping. I just want to say a huge thank you for all the help and support that you and the team at Pathways have given X and I over the last few years. Honestly very much appreciated. Thanks so much for her postcard too. She loved it! Very kind of you. 😊(Parent).
- Sept 17- I will start by saying a huge thank you for arranging the extra mentoring session on Friday afternoons. That really does help me. Also how much X has changed at home since being at PLC. She is calmer and not so argumentative and is showing more love towards us. She also accepts consequences now rather than fights against them. The frequent contact with her tutor is brilliant. Thanks for all the hard work you are putting in (Student).
- Sept 17- X is really happy about the progress X is making and feels that his school experience, although still difficult is making life better for them at home. He is even starting to talk about wanting to play football again for a team! (special mention to everyone who has made this happen, especially Adam, as he talks about you at home!). You are “miracle workers” and I can’t thank you enough for what you have done for him and the family.
- Sept 17 – ‘Parent x’ called to say a huge thank you for whatever you said to X to get him into college today. Dad said you are a miracle worker! (Parent)
- June 17 – ‘Thank you for everything you have done for me. Honestly you have helped me with / through so so much and I am genuinely so grateful. Thank you for still being there for me even when I’m being a xxx. I won’t forget you and how much you have done for me, thank you!’ (Student)
- June 17 – ‘Many thanks to the entire Pathways team. You have changed our lives’. (Parent).
- June 17 – ‘Thank you for everything you have done for X, you have truly worked wonders transforming her into the keen, lovely young lady she is today. She had lost all hope in life when she started with you and now she wants to be a professor and it’s you all I have to thank for that. You work under hard circumstances but with such love and care. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.’ (Parent).
- June 17 – ‘We would like to say thank you to you all for the support you have given X during his time at Pathways. You all have been fantastic, X has changed so much since being with you and is much happier in himself. He will be sad and will miss you all but he is looking forward to starting at x in September. Good luck to you all and thank you. We think you are all an amazing team …’ (Parents)
- June 17 – ‘Thank you so much for taking such good care of X, I have nothing but praise for you all! Thanks again.’ (Parents)
- June 17 – ‘Just a quick note to say thank you so much for looking after X for the last six months. She has really benefited from her time at PLC and is actually sad to be leaving. (Something I thought I’d never see). I wish X had go to you sooner as she is a different child. Many thanks.’(Parent)
- June 17 – ‘Thank you for everything you’ve done for me and the other students over the months I’ve been at the school. You gave me hope and inspiration for the future and motivation to do my best.’ (Student)
- June 17 – ‘XX has only been at Pathways since March 2017 just 4 months but this seems so much longer. This is due to the fact that for the first time ever she is having a positive experience of education. She has settled really well and coped with some tricky situations with peers and has not avoided coming to school (which is what she would have done previously). She was miserable and deeply unhappy and massively stressed at her previous secondary school. Coming to Pathways has been a major intervention for her and the outcome is significant and we have seen this at home.… In fact xx is doing so well the Consultant Psychiatrist has halved the medication for anxiety. The main reason for X’s improvement (from our point of view) is the level of support X receives whilst at PLC and the knowledge that any issues will be heard and addressed. X clearly feels that she can trust staff to support her and is more able to express her needs and not pretend everything is ok when it is not.I would like to thank the school and the staff for their hard work and continued support for xxx and all the young people at PLC.’ (Parent)
- June 17 – Thank you so much for helping me with everything by always being positive and for your support. (Student).