Careers Advice and Guidance
All pupils in years 8-13 are entitled:
- to find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point;
- to hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through options events, assemblies and group discussions and taster events;
- to understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses.
At PLC we meet this entitlement in a variety of ways. For example:
- An annual ‘Aspiration Day’ event involving all year groups. Students have a whole day of access to a range of providers on site. Please see gallery.
- College taster days
- Early college course access
- Vocational opportunities
- Work experience
- Insight talks – visits from providers, for example:
- City of Bristol CollegeA Levels and Vocational courses in 4 different locations
- Boom SatsumaCreative & Digital Media and Production & Performing Arts courses
- Access Creative CollegeGames Design, Media and Music courses
- SGS CollegeA Levels, vocational courses and a Sports Academy
- St Brendan’s CollegeA Levels and Vocational courses for 16-19 year olds
- Reflections Training AcademyHairdressing, Barbering & Customer Service Apprenticeships and Study Programmes
The sample below is taken from our Provider Access Policy which can also be found here.